Local Files Greyed out on Mobile

Highlighted

Re: Local Files Greyed out on Mobile

Hey folks,

Thanks for posting and searching for the answer you need here!  

If you're experiencing difficulties importing local files, as a first step please make sure that you're trying to do this using the steps here. Keep in mind that only files from official sources are supported. Once your tunes have been imported, you can download the playlist containing them as described in this Support Article. 

If that doesn't do the trick, there're a couple of troubleshooting steps you can try out:

• perform a clean reinstall of the Spotify app on your devices
  • try connecting using a different internet network. Make sure that all devices are connected to the same network.
  • changing the source of the local files. You can learn how to do this here under Desktop.
  • deleting the playlist with the local files from your library and creating a new one

@Doobu note that the Local files option in the settings menu is there only for iPhone devices. If you don't see it on such a device, it should come up after a clean reinstall.

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

MihailModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music is a language that doesn’t speak in particular words. It speaks in emotions, and if it’s in the bones, it’s in the bones.” - Keith Richards
Highlighted

Re: Local Files Greyed out on Mobile

Casual Listener

I have been having the same problem with local files being greyed out after working for a little while on my android for yearsm getting worse. Please don't tell people to do a clean install.. I don't think that has worked for anyone.

Moving the local files to another folder and going to the process of getting them on the phone again only works for a little while and it happens again. 

Just admit it's an app problem and fix it spotify. Epic fail. 

SUGGESTED POSTS