Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Not Syncing and Spotify keeps switching my local files to wrong songs

Local Files Not Syncing and Spotify keeps switching my local files to wrong songs

So the first time I downloaded songs for offline it worked like a charm, but I wanted to remake the playlist so I deleted it and made a new one with many having the same songs, except now the local files won't download. Also some of local files that do work Spotify keeps switching it to their own varient based on name or something, so I keep getting piano versions or live versions, not my actual local file. I wouldn't care if Sptify replaced it with theirs, if the song was right but it isn't.

I have reinstalled, restarted computer and phone multiple times.

I was having such a nice first experience with Spotify Premium the first few days, but now it is utterly frustrating trying to get it to work properly.... It really sucks because I know it actually does work.... I guess glad on Premium Trial.

2 Replies

Hey @lowrhee! Welcome to the Spotify Community!

Have you tried following THIS guide?

Hopefully it helps you out but if not stop back here and I'll be glad to troubleshoot with you!

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

My Playlists
Accept my post as the solution if I was helpful!

Yeah, I already did this. Didn't help.

I emailed support because the changing my local files to other songs was really weird.

Support told me that local file downloading on phone has been disabled for now, which kind of sucks because it's part of the premium deal....

Suggested posts