Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files Won't Show in Mobile Playlist

Local Files Won't Show in Mobile Playlist

Okay:

1. I recently purchased an new album that is not on spotify.

2. I uploaded this album to Spotify on my latop, and it plays well there and is usable.

3. I went to play the album on my android phone and I can see the playlist which says it has thirteen songs, but there are no songs in the playlist once I open it.

I have spotify premium and should be able to download these files on to my phone right?

5 Replies

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through.

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Already made sure of that, obviously. Problem not fixed. 

Strange, happened to me too, whats also strange is that it does show my 16 imported songs but when I check my playlist only displays the 3 songs that was originally in it.  However If I hit play I could still listen to the songs that I added to the playlist since I had to download them separately to Spotify.

Any ideas?

Exactly the same problem, this is really boring.

Still no solution to this issue huh? Too bad, I've tried all the options available.

Suggested posts