Premium

Country

UK

Device

Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Operating System

Android.

My Question or Issue

Today I followed the advice on how to add local files to my Spotify playlist on both my computer and my tab. It all works fine on the computer, however as soon as I attempt to play a song on the tablet it is greyed out and looks like it is about to play but no sound comes out.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated because music helps me out so much.

2 Replies

Hey there @DannehMorris

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

It's a good idea to try changing the source location of the local files on your PC. Simply create a new folder in a different directory on your device and move your local files to this folder. Then just delete the old folder used for the local files. Now you can try importing the files to your mobile device again. 

Also, check out this help page for further tips on how to manage your local files. Here you’ll find useful info on format requirements and permitted file sources.  

Hope this helps. Let us know how it goes. 

Hi Ivan,

so far I have tried your suggestions and the help page again to see what I could do and so far it still hasn't worked. It's bummer, but I don't know what else to do.

Suggested posts