Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not available on Android.

Local Files not available on Android.

(I'll try to explain the best I can but I'm french and I might make some mistakes)

So, I've seen this issue many, many times in many, many different topics, and yet no solutions.

My problem is that I can't synchronize local files from my computer to my smartphone. I did it before, then I had the same problem as I have now (which solved itself) and now that problem is back.

What happens is that when i put the local songs in the playlist on my computer, they appear, I can play them and all that stuff, and when I check the playlist on my phone and try to download the files, spotify says they're available offline, but the title is grey and nothing happens when I try to play it.

I've tried EVERY solutions in EVERY other topics and it still doesn't work.

Both my phone app and my computer app are up to date, and as I said, I did it without any problems a couple of weeks ago. 

I've logged off my computer and my phone, uninstalled spotify on both my devices and now I can't even synchronize the songs i synchonized before having the issue.

So if anybody as a way to help that's not to wait for the next update or for spotify to fix the issue, I'll take it.

1 Reply

I just successfully performed downloading my Local Files on Android.

Android 10, Spotify app ver. 8.5.72.800

Make sure you are on the same network on your phone as your PC with the local files, and have Spotify open on the PC as well.

It might take awhile for the first files to start downloading, but for me, once they started I could easily download the other local playlist files fast.

Suggested posts