Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not downloading onto my offline playlist

Local Files not downloading onto my offline playlist

They previously worked, but all of a sudden the new ones I added are greyed out on my phone and will not download. I have tried everything from deleting the app and reinstalling it, but nothing works. Now that I reinstalled it, the songs I previously had downloaded are greyed out and are unavailable. This is extremely frustrating, I have more than enough space on my phone, it is a Galaxy S7 edge if that helps. I am on the same wifi and my playlist on Spotify on my laptop shows the green arrow next to the name. However, not all the songs in the playlist have the little download arrow next to the song name. It is only downloading the songs I have that are added from Spotify, but none of my local files are going through. 

7 Replies

Any issues are normally down to communication problems so I guess sometning's changed in your setup. Here's a list of things to check if local files won't download.

• Your PC and mobile must be connected to the same Network/SSID and spotify should be running on your PC.
  • In your router settings, check that UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) is enabled.
  • Make sure that Windows shows your network as private and not public.
  • Set exceptions for spotify in any firewall or internet security programme. If you are unsure how to do this, temporarily disable them.
  • Check that you haven't already hit the limit of 3,333 downloads per device or 9,999 downloads across all devices.
  • If you are using a wifi network outside of your home, there is every chance that the protocols used by spotify for downloading are blocked.

If you still can't make it work, you can create a mobile hotspot on your mobile and connect your PC to this hotspot via wifi. Syncing the local files should then work.

will syncing them through hot spot use data?

It's just syncing over wifi but using your phone as the access point.

When I turn on my hotspot on my phone the wifi disconnects and it seems to be syncing over the phone data. Are you sure?

Would I lie to you? Turn off "Mobile Data" in your android settings first, if you still doubt.

When I turn off mobile data it says mobile hotspot unavailable 😞

nevermind, I connected via usb and it downloaded 

Suggested posts