Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files stuck on Waiting for Download!

Local Files stuck on Waiting for Download!

I have imported recently some mp3 files from my HDD on windows 7 and files appeared on Local files catalog in Spotify after that I have created 2 playlists with those files which are visible now on all my devices sadly when I'm trying to download files to my phone with "Download" feature i'm getting stuck on waiting for download 😞  Files are less than 1GB and I do have over 2.4 GB free on my phone please help 

6 Replies

Hi, have you been able to successfully download any songs on these playlists? Or does it get stuck when when you first start to download anything?

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I can download any playlist exccept those created with my tracks from local files I have 2 playlists created with local files and I cannot download single track from it says "Waiting to download" and nothings happened. I have tired to reinstal Spotify app clean cache and nothing still cannot download any playlist made from local files.

Ok, have you tried syncing from your computer in the devices section?

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

"Waiting to download" is a sign that dsektop spotify can't communicate with your android. Does the mobile show under "Devices" on the desktop client?

sadly I'm unable to see any device in my desktop app there 8s just information retarding being able to sync any android or iphone. How to make my devices  to appear There??

Try these steps.

• Temporarily disable all firewalls, antivirus programmes and other security programmes
  • Check that UPnP is enabled on your router
  • Make sure your mobile is connected to the same wireless network as your desktop
  • With spotify running on your mobile, check to see if it now shows under devices

If that doesn't help, please shout but I suspect that it's simply some security thing on your desktop which is blocking access from your mobile.

Suggested posts