Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files will not download to phone.

Local Files will not download to phone.

I have a few files saved on my computer that I would like to add to Spotify and listen to them elsewhere on my phone. I know I have done this in the past.

For some reason, I cannot get it to work. Spotify locates and plays the files fine on my computer, but the song is greyed out on my phone and reads "This song is not available."

I have tried:

1.  Unlinking the songs (a few of them are mixes and are not found on Spotify, but some of the info is white/ trying to link- turned that off)
  2. Clearing Settings
  3. Clearing Cache
  4. Logging Out / Logging In
  5. Ensuring I am on the same wifi (I am)
  6. Windows Firewall is down
  7. I even tried conencting via USB
  8. Make available offline on both computer and phone.

When I try to download the songs on my phone, it says "waiting for download" but never downloads them. I'm getting super frustrated. All I want to do is listen to my music, but I can't.

1 Reply

Please read the support topic here for assistance setting up local file sync: Listen to local files

Make sure that you are on the same WiFi network and Windows & third party firewalls are configured to allow the Spotify connection through. Also check any fiirewall and that UPnP is enabled on your router

Another point to note is that sometimes if a track is stored locally & is also available to stream then when you sync to your device it will automatically use the Spotify streaming version but the data from your playlist. If for some reason the metadata such as track length differs this can cause conflict and break the track. In this instance you are best off removing the local file from your playlist on the desktop and adding the track from the Spotify server then re-sync. This should fix this issue.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts