So I got my local files in my playlist on my desktop, my phone is connected to the same wifi as my desktop, the files play perfectly fine on my desktop, but when I go to download the playlist on mobile, the entire playlist downloads EXCEPT the local file, which just has a little error symbol (!) where the download symbol should be, so I can't listen to the song on my phone. I've done this over and over again and read and reread all the steps, and I do not know what is going wrong.
Solved! Go to Solution.
Thanks for the feedback.
The change was made due to compatibility issues with the sync between devices, especially between iOS and PCs as those are dependent on third-party software. Allowing local file discovery instead of a sync was also a popular request among users.
So this has been implemented to alleviate the compatibility issues which are beyond our control and in accordance with the feedback we received, as we continuously strive to improve the user experience on our platform.
Hope this clears things a little,
I have been trying an embarrassingly long time to download local files to my phone, but I look through all the solution on the internet and nothing works for me.
And until recently I found one way that successfully download the song and I haven't seen anyone talk about this method before.
So, as an Android user, what I did is: (I am using the song name "What More Can I Say" as an example)
1. Saved the songs that I wanted to upload to Spotify on my phone music folder (the most basic music folder that build-in to the phone)
2. Turn on Spotify app on the phone, go to setting and turn on Local Files (which will allow Spotify to add tracks from this device[phone] into Your Library)
3. Go to Your Library and looks for Local Files
4. Songs will be download with green arrow down button, press on the 3dots to Like song
5. Finally go to Liked Songs and ta-da, the songs are saved under the list and can be played anytime.