Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files won't play on my Samsung Galaxy S5 "track is unavailable"

Local Files won't play on my Samsung Galaxy S5 "track is unavailable"

Hi everyone, I apologize if this has been resolved in another thread, but I'm going CRAZY trying to resolve this...

I have a premium account.

I went into my desktop version and imported some local tracks from my computer. Easy. Then I added them to my June playlist. Works just fine on my desktop when I try to play them, however, when I am on my mobile app I have no such luck. The files are greyed out and they say "track is unavailable" when I try to launch them. I've tried logging into the same wifi as my computer and looking for my phone in the "my devices" section because some threads tell me i need to "sync", but my phone doesn't show up. I went to my mobile app again and found the local files playlist and clicked "download"...now whenever i look at that list is shows "waiting to download". How do i get it to start that download?

Any other droid user having this problem? Im new to the local files functionality but was really disappointed that I couldn't access that music on my phone...

Appreciate any help!! (please keep in mind im no tech expert, so maybe I missed something.)

1 Reply

Yes, you need to sync (download) local files to your mobile before you can listen to them there. Just follow the instructions here under the android tab and shout if you have problems.

Suggested posts