Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files doesn't work from PC to Android

Solved!

Local files doesn't work from PC to Android

Hi.
(First, sorry for my bad english ^^)
When i'm on my PC, i've put a local file into Spotify and i added it to my playlist (this local music file is a cover from youtube).
Then, when i go on my Android phone, this file in my playlist is replaced by the original music, instead the cover i wanted.... i don't understand lol ^^ 
So the original file is named "Shawn Mendes Medley - Cover"
But when i go in the local files part (from PC), the cover is named "Treats you Better" like the original, so when i play it on phone, it plays the original...
Can you guys help me please :'(
Thanx

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@HyC72 hey there,

the issue is that the song is saved on your desktop, not on your Android. the files you import into spotify are not saved across devices, because they are 'local' files.

happy listening ^_^

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

If you follow the link here, you can download your local files offline, if you access it from the same wifi, howver you have to be on a premium account to do so:

https://support.spotify.com/is/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/

Marked as solution

@HyC72 annoying issue - i suggest you reach out to support@spotify.com with as much detail of the problem as possible, including the steps you took to solve it

they can look at it from their end and suggest anything that I've missed!

hope you get a speedy resolution and thanks for your patience

13 Replies
Marked as solution

@HyC72 hey there,

the issue is that the song is saved on your desktop, not on your Android. the files you import into spotify are not saved across devices, because they are 'local' files.

happy listening ^_^

Okk 🙂
So what can i do to put local files on phone  ? i didn't find ...

Marked as solution

If you follow the link here, you can download your local files offline, if you access it from the same wifi, howver you have to be on a premium account to do so:

https://support.spotify.com/is/using_spotify/playlists/listen-to-local-files/

I already tried.. I'm premium and my playlist is synced offline on my phone, but the cover is unavailable, it's grey...

IMG_20161111_105839.png

@HyC72 if you don't follow the instructions exactly, it won't download the local file.

i suggest you have both the app and the mobile app running and re-download the playlist as per the instructions in the link above.

I did... and i just did it again, but the file is still unavailable...
i do exactly what it is written... that's really getting on my nerves lol.... i don't understand why it is unavailable, before and after the  synchronization

@HyC72 hmm that's weird

is the local file on your desktop app saved offline?

You mean the playlist ? because we can't save offline the local files sections on PC..
And my playlist isn't saved offline on my PC

@HyC72 you should download that playlist on the pc, it's a pre-requisite for downloading local files elsewhere!

Ok i did.
Then i re-downloaded on phone, remove the music file, re-add it, etc.
but still unavaible ................ this is so weird

Marked as solution

@HyC72 annoying issue - i suggest you reach out to support@spotify.com with as much detail of the problem as possible, including the steps you took to solve it

they can look at it from their end and suggest anything that I've missed!

hope you get a speedy resolution and thanks for your patience

Ok thanks you and sorry for the disturbance ^^
I'll try to fix it with them.

@HyC72 not at all ^_^ happy to try and help. the steps you've taken to troubleshoot will help get it resolved quicker!

Suggested posts