Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files on mobile?

Solved!

Local files on mobile?

So I just bought a song on my computer, and placed it on my playlist through "local files". I then took this exact file and copied it from my computer onto my phone. But I still can't listen to it on spotify mobile, what gives? How can this be fixed?

31 Replies

Just did that I think, I also find those checks Quanty was referring to, and checked them both of so public and private both had checks. Then closed both apps and opened simultaneously, but still nothing

Well @alecx is absolutely right with it and the Firewall/Network problem is probably your issue @Ethan_G!

(Btw, it's good to hear that it worked for you @alecx.)

I do not recommend using Local File Sync on a public wifi connection!!! - Please do it on your private network!

If you try Local File Sync now at home please do it, to be on the safe side, from a fresh installed Spotify on your Android (Follow this Link for help) and follow my step by step guide I posted before!

Q

Ethan_G schrieb:

just a side note, I feel stupid but my computer's playlist wasn't available offline. I've changed that now and redid those steps to sync, but nothing synced. Just thought I should update.

@Ethan_G, your Playlist doesn't have to be available offline on your Computer if you want to listen to it offline on your phone!

So just on your Android the playlist needs to be offline!

Q

Well just tried the whole public wifi thing real quick, still no luck. So I've tried everything you guys have said, and i'm really thankful, but I guess now i'll just hope Spotify can pull through this time.

I'm on the same boat. Sick of Spotifys half arsed effort at fixing bugs. This issue has come and gone for me since I first signed up a few years ago.

Setup:

Windows 10 Thinkpad

Spotify Latest version on Google Play

Spotify available through firewall on both public & private networks.

Windows sharing on

UPnP on: BT HomeHub

My phone doesnt show up within Spotify on Windows at all.

Hi people,

@Ethan_G do please over your Private Home Network and follow the construction. If you want to turn directly to the support clich here to use the contact form (send a message and if you get a non-reply Email just reply!)

@user-removed your phone won't show up on Spotify! If you did everything right just make sure that Spotify on your Windows and your phone is open at the same time!

Q

Thanks for the reply Quanty.

Yup both devices running spotify at the same time.

I guess theres a bug that needs fixed. I've tried everything I can think of.

Cheers

John

That's weird because it does actually work! I have no problems with it.

Check all steps again please!

Q

I have had this working perfectly for a year now and suddently i can't listen to the songs on my phone anymore. I tried everything that came to my mind but i can't get it back to work.

OK, so I've been trying to synchronize music from my local files all day long and still couldn't manage to do so. I'm able to find the music on my PC (Windows 10) and add it to playlists. I can also listen to it on my Computer, but not on my mobile phone (Android). I tried all 'solutions' (same Network, Firewall settings, ...), but none would work. It's also weird, because I had it working a few months ago but not anymore.

Can somebody please help me?

**bleep** it worked!! tysm🥰

it worked for me, tysm!!

Suggested posts