Premium

Country

Sweden

Device

Samsung Galaxy 8

Operating System

Android

My Question or Issue
I've got some local music files from my PC that I've synced to a playlist on my Spotify account and then downloaded onto my S8 using my Wifi. Unfortunately, whenever I try playing some of the songs on the playlist while on my phone Spotify will randomly stop playing after a song is over instead of going to the next one in the list. It is possible to fix this by manually selecting the next song and pushing play, but it generally only takes a few songs until Spotify decides to stop playing again. 

This is maddening to say the least considering this has been a bug for several years across several different models of Android phones that I've used with Premium, and from the looks of things on the community hub, I am not the only one who have experienced this problem. I have enclosed a picture from the forum in which a Spotify admin locked a thread dealing with this same issue despite no answer or solution being available. To me this whole situation seems crazy unprofessional since you must have been aware of this problem for years now. It is bizarre that I should have to use another music player entirerly just to be able to listen to my local files without interruptions.

SpotifyForums.PNG
1 Reply

Hey there @coolkalle,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

Just to confirm, does this happen when the Crossfade setting is toggled on? If so, we'd recommend giving it a try and toggling Crossfade off and letting us know how that goes 🙂

If that doesn't do the trick, it'd be helpful if you could let us know if this persists when creating a new playlist that contains the same local files.

We'll be keeping an eye out for your reply. Have a lovely day!

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Suggested posts