Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files sync

Local files sync

II would like to sync my local files to my phone. The problem here is, that my PC is not connected to WiFi, so I can't sync with both on the same connection.

In earlier Spotify versions on Android, I could just see my local files on my phone on Spotify when it was on my SD card. Now that option is completely gone. There is just no 'local files' tab anywhere anymore.

So my question is, how can I listen to my own files on my Android device, WITHOUT the WiFi sync?

Thanks

10 Replies

Hi there,

your PC does not need to be on wifi - as long as it's on the same network as your phone it should work OK. My phone shows up in the Devices section of Spotify on my PC, which is connected with a wire to my router, which is connected over Homeplug to my wifi base-station. Same network still though so no problem

Dave

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

I know, but there is still a problem there. It does not show up. Neither does it on things like Airdroid. That's a problem with my router I think. Wifi sync is just no option for me.

But other than that, I was always able to listen to my local files that were located on my phone, but since the whole layout change not anymore. Why did they remove that? Is there still a way to get my music files on my phone into the Spotify player?

I don't want to seperately use my standard music app and Spotify, I want to shuffle them and listen in one place...

I'm afraid that syncing them as part of a playlist is the only option now. It's a right pain
----------------

Seriously? So when you download your own music on your phone, you have to transfer it to you PC first, and then sync it back to your phone?

I'm paying 10 euros a month for nearly 2 years, and it can't perform this simple action, while it could before?

Meh, shouldn't have updated it back then.

Thanks anyway.

Is there maybe a way to get the older version of Spotify back? Will it still be usable? I miss it so much...

There are threads with links to an old version if you search. It's unsupported though, and obviously you take responsibility for trusting where you are getting it from
----------------

I have collected the older versions in the thread: http://community.spotify.com/t5/Mobile-Android/REQUEST-Previous-version-of-the-client-APK/m-p/79997#... So if you want the older version back, you could try them. All have been tested by me on my own devices and they are stored on my own Dropbox collection. .180 version is the best that I'v found.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Thanks, I tried this. But I think these older version do not support Jelly Bean (it crashes alot and can't play music at all). I appreciate the help though. I sent a form to Spotify, and I'm hoping for an reply soon.

JB could be the case. Some ICS (4.0.4) crash with the older version too.
Hopefully there will be a solution soon.

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Sent a mail to the Spotify support. Reply:

Thanks for getting in contact.

Unfortunately it's not possible for our application to set local files on the mobile without using the wifi, as our application needs to be connected to the application on your desktop. This allows the two to talk to each other and send the songs across.

If you're able to you don't have the own the wifi, maybe use a work's wifi or a friend's if you're able to. If you're able to find a wifi you can connect both too then you should be able to sync your local files back to our App.

Hope this helps, if you have anymore questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Suggested posts