Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files won't sync with Android - premium needed?

Local files won't sync with Android - premium needed?

From some reason, I suddenly cant sync my lokal songs from my pc to my android phone (over wifi)

I'm using a free account, (this was never a problem) but lately I get a popup on my phone, telling me that I have to have a premium account to download music. even though it's my own music!

Please tell me what I did wrong (or what you did..)

8 Replies

Does this happen on all your local playlists or just with certain ones?

I am using version 0.9.1.53.g876fa9df

I already sync my playlists manualy.

For now, I created a new playlist, with local tracks only, but this list doesn't even show up in the list of playlists that get when i open my device.

If I choose to sync a list I already made, containing only local files, it still gives me the popup on my phone, telling me I need premium.

I now tried re-installing both the PC and android software (now all my lists are gone from my phone)

If I try to sync any playlist (manual sync is selected) it immediatly jumps to sync all. Since I have way to much music to fit on my phone, I dont want this!

Problems are getting bigger and bigger...

And support seems to be getting smaller and smaller...

Come one you guys, A little help would be appreciated!

I know Joe has brought this up as an issue behind the scenes with the staff, the super users are trying to get a straight answer on this one for you, its a strange issue. The problem is, we don't know if this is a bug or if this is intended and it was a bug before, since there seems to be no written anything about doing this without premium (that I can find).

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I have been having the same problem and my solution has been to downgrade the mobile app to an older version.

Guys. Does this still happen with version 0.6.6?

The behavior was present in the last update.

Suggested posts