Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files won't sync

Solved!

Local files won't sync

Hi,

I have this problem for quite a while and I thought there will be a fix but nothing changed.

I can't listen to my local files. On the dektop app it works fine but the songs don't get synced to my android...I can't klick on them.

Edit: This is a clean install, I got a new phone 1 week ago but on my old phone I had the same problem. 

Untitled.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

well.... you should get in contact with the customer support by using this contact form or via Twitter @SpotifyCares.

When you receive the automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible and don't forget to check your Spam-Email's as well ;).
Spotify should answer you within the first 24 Hours.

If they don't reply to you, please write heare your Case Number so i'll lead this to the spotify team.

Have a nice day and thank you very much for you patience! 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

If i helped you don't forget to leave a "Kudo" or "Accept as Solution".

( Twitter // Spotify )

What is a Spotify Rock Star and how do i become one?

Im not a Spotify Employee.

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hello and welcome to the Spotify Community!
does this problem happen only to a few songs or to all songs? A friend had the same problem but he changed then his .aac files to .mp3 with 128 kbps and then it worked. maybe you should try this too

good luck

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

Thank you for the answer.

I have this problem with all my local files, yes. All the files are mp3 and I tried to change the bitrate to 128 but sadly it didn't work.

Marked as solution

well.... you should get in contact with the customer support by using this contact form or via Twitter @SpotifyCares.

When you receive the automated email that leads you back to the community or help pages, reply to it (even if it's from "no-reply") and one of the Spotify team members will get back to you as soon as possible and don't forget to check your Spam-Email's as well ;).
Spotify should answer you within the first 24 Hours.

If they don't reply to you, please write heare your Case Number so i'll lead this to the spotify team.

Have a nice day and thank you very much for you patience! 🙂

Kind regards,

Max aka. Amarro

( Twitter // Spotify )

Hey guys, 

I just wanted to let you know my solution!

There was an incoming rule in my firewall that was turned off.

Unbenanasdasdasdas.PNG

I just turned in on and my Phone instantly synced all my local files.

Thank you Amarro for your help! 

Where do you change that firewall setting?

German Windows:

(Setzt Administratorrechte voraus)

Windows Taste -> "Firewall" eingeben -> "Windows-Firewall" anklicken (Alternativ kann das auch über die Systemsteuerung gesucht werden -> Links kann man dann "Erweiterte Einstellungen" anklicken, dann öffnet sich ein Fenster. Dann links auf "Eingehende Regeln" klicken und in der Liste Spotify.exe suchen. Wenn was Rot ist wie auf meinem Screenshot dann einfach rechtsklick drauf unter Allgemein einfach Verbindung zulassen und übernehmen. Das wars.

English Windows:

You need admin rights

1. Navigate through to Control Panel > Windows Firewall
  2. Click on "Advanced Settings" in the left-hand pane.
  3. Click on "Inbound Rules"
  4. search spotify.exe
  5. right click it if its red
  6. allow connection

i don't own an english OS but you should find it.

Yeahh found it.. but there is no spotify file that was blocked or turned red or whatever.. so I still don't know how to solve this problem. I'm searching on the internet now for several hours but can't find a working solution. But thanks for your fast reply

Suggested posts