Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files wont sync with my mobile

Solved!

Local files wont sync with my mobile

So I was trying to add my AC/DC songs, that I have purchased time ago, to spotify since they don't have AC/DC, I created a playlist with my local files on the desktop app, then synced the playlist with my android device. I can see the playlist on my mobile but when I want to make it available offline it never download any tracks, they just stay in a gray color and I can't even play them. How can I fix this?
23 Replies

Have you tried restarting your router? Also make sure that Spotify's connection is not blocked on your firewall.

Thanks, I've managed to get them to sync now! I still can't import my playlists from iTunes though, any ideas on how to do that? When I select import from itunes it doesn't do anything.

Good to hear that it's solved. I rarely use iTunes so I can't help you with that part. Perhaps try to make sure that both iTunes and Spotify are updated?

I had the same issue...

I could not play a local file on my PC. I had my Android phone on the same WiFi connection and even had them connected together via Spotify's device connect.  I DID see the song however it was greyed out.  I play it and when i tried just said "this song is not available". 
I SOLVED this by uninstalling Spotify on my phone and reinstalling.  It worked immediately then!
I did open the firewall to Spotify as well.  You SHOULD NOT TURN OFF YOUR FIREWALL! Instead you can just go to the "cortana bar" in your Windows task bar.  Type in "firewall" then choose "Allow an APP through windows firewall" click the "change settings" button with the "administrator shield" next to it.  Then find Spotify in the selection box.  Click the boxes next to it to allow it through the firewall.  THEN just for good measure click the "details" box. Then click "network types" and make sure they are both checked.  You would think these boxes are linked to the scroll window since they do the SAME thing.  For me they were'nt.... Totally stupid haha
Hope this helps someone!!

Suggested posts