Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files wont transfer to phone from desktop.

Local files wont transfer to phone from desktop.

I'm trying to sync local files to my phone with spotify, to merge them into my playlists, but note it no longer works. It worked fine before.

My phone and desktop pc find each other fine over my network. i can control music on either device for the other device. But when i press download in the android app for a playlist, the local files i have on my desktop in the playlist, dont transfer to the android app automaticly. I already tried a fresh re-installation, and now i do not have any local file on my android device anymore. The files are all standard mp3 files. The android device does see the files in the playlist, but they are all greyed out.

Help would be much appriciated!

Plan

Premium

Country

Netherlands.

Device

Windows 10 PC & Samsung Galaxy Fold 2.

Operating System

(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)

My Question or Issue

1 Reply

Hey there @borgqueenx,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

We understand that you already tried reinstalling the app, but can you make sure to follow the specific steps in this guide for a clean reinstall? This is more thorough than a regular one and can be helpful to get rid of any corrupted files that might be causing trouble. We also suggest downloading the app again from the Microsoft Store if you're on Windows.

Then, follow the steps in this article to sync your Local files. 

Let us know how it goes. We'll be on the lookout.

CarlosEModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Suggested posts