Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local songs can't go next

Local songs can't go next

So Spotify has been great for a while, but then I noticed that once it finished a song that I personally moved onto the playlist, it would just be stuck at the end of the song and won't know how to go to the next song

7 Replies

I am having almost the same problem on my Nexus5 running android 5.0.1 Whenever I play a song that I imported into Spotify myself and transferred over at the end of the song it will just freeze. I have found that after a minute or two and will eventually goto the next song for me. It is changing instantly on my desktop version (Win7 x64).

Hello "Again" 😄

read this to disable "NuPlayer" in developer settings. This worked for me. (Don't forget to give Daniel your "Kudo") 😉

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PLEASE-READ-Android-5-x-Lollipop-Distorted-playback-so...

Yes, same issue for me on Samsung Galaxy S5.  Android 4.4.2

@rheino wrote:

Hello "Again" 😄

read this to disable "NuPlayer" in developer settings. This worked for me. (Don't forget to give Daniel your "Kudo") 😉

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/PLEASE-READ-Android-5-x-Lollipop-Distorted-playback-so...

Sorry Rheino, this does not fix my problem as I am not using Lollipop yet.

I am having the same issue (entirely with LOCAL FILES).  I have contacted Spotify, but have not gotten any useful feedback.  Last week everything was working great - I was running everything off of my External SD, local files and all.  Spotify customer support has suggested that I don't know how to sync my music (I do) and that the problem is with the tracks on their servers (it isn't), or that I have authorized too many computers to play offline (I haven't).  Since I am running KitKat (4.4.4) on my Note 4, Spotify was the only way to get music stored on my external sd.  However since all of their 'help' I appear to not be able to even do that anymore.  This is the end of my relationship with Spotify, but I certainly can report on what I have tried without success, though others have reported that these have worked.

(1) restarting

(2) emptying cache and restarting

(3) emptying, uninstalling, restarting, reinstalling

(4) changing the gapless and crossfade options (I tried several combinations)

(5) changing the music quality (again, several combinations of both streaming and downloaded.

My problem is only with local downloaded files NOT ON THE SPOTIFY SERVER.  These are with CDs that I imported into spotify.  The downloaded tracks are either in playlists alone, or in mixed playlists.  The music that is downloaded from spotify will play continuously.

I hope that this helps some of you.  

Jeff

I'm having the exact same problem, and have tried all of the above. It's definitely only affecting music I loaded onto Spotify from local files and downloaded to my phone (Android). Songs in the same playlist that are hosted on Spotify have no problem.

I love Spotify and its library, but constantly reaching down to manually press forward is driving me batty. Please fix this, it is definitely a bug. 

@blotthis wrote:

I'm having the exact same problem, and have tried all of the above. It's definitely only affecting music I loaded onto Spotify from local files and downloaded to my phone (Android). Songs in the same playlist that are hosted on Spotify have no problem.

I love Spotify and its library, but constantly reaching down to manually press forward is driving me batty. Please fix this, it is definitely a bug. 

If you have a quick search of the forum there are a lot of reports of this since the last updsate. My recommendation is grab the previous apk and install this manually. 

Remember to disable automatic updates on the Play Store else you may find yourself back on this buggy version.

You can find a link to the previous version via my signature.

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Suggested posts