Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Location of Downloaded Tracks

Location of Downloaded Tracks

Hi

i use Spotify Premium on my android tablet. Is there anyway I can set the downloaded tracks ( which are used when offline/on the go) to be saved on my external sdcard and not on my device, as it's filling up quick and as a result I am having additiional problems as a result.

Many thanks,

Sarah

2 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the Community!

The app selects the location where it will store its data during installation, based on the amount of free space. Unfortunately, the only way to change that is by performing a clean re-install, which will delete everything already downloaded by the app, including tracks you made available offline. 

In other words, you'll need to sync your playlists again.

If you want to perform a clean re-install, follow these steps:

- Go to System Settings

- Go to Apps/Manage Apps

- Find Spotify there

- On its page, tap "Clear Cache". After that, tap "Uninstall" and remove the app.

- Power off your tablet and then back on.

- Using a File Manager on the device or a Computer and an USB cable, delete the folder com.spotify.music (and com.spotify.mobile.android.ui, if it's present). It's located on Internal Storage > Android > Data.

- Make sure your SD Card is inserted and install Spotify from Google Play

When you launch the app again, it will select the place with more free space to save its data. Make sure your SD Card has more free space than the internal storage of the device, so the app selects it.

Also, please note that removing/disconnecting the SD Card from the device will make the app start using the internal storage again and the only way to revert that will be by clean re-installing again.

Let me know if this solves your problem ;D

Hey,

Thank you for the 'how to'. I haven't managed to take a look yet but soon as I do will let you know how I get on.

Just one question, does the process you've outlined above also delete all existing playlists ( the ones that I haven't saved to be available offline) ??

🙂

Suggested posts