Lock Screen Issues: Pausing/Playing

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy 9

My Question or Issue

Whenever I'm playing music, I often pause it at work to listen to coworkers and then quickly resume using either the lock screen menu or the play button on the actual headphones. This was never an issue before, however, recently whenever I pause, I am unable to hit play from the previous mentioned ways and I need to go to the app in order to resume my song. Even when the phone is not locked, but spotify is still in my drop down menu as an active app, I need to physically go into the app and resume. While this isn't a life altering issue, figured I'd throw it in a thread in case anyone else has this problem/Spotify was unaware and wanted to fix it. Thanks!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there @chadley22907 !

This is a known issue and it is under investigation right now. You can check it here and also vote for it tot catch more attention to it. Hope this gets fixed soon.

I wish you a nice day 🙂

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there @chadley22907 !

This is a known issue and it is under investigation right now. You can check it here and also vote for it tot catch more attention to it. Hope this gets fixed soon.

I wish you a nice day 🙂

Whenever i'm playing music with the screen locked, it pauses and sometimes comes back to play after 20s-1 or 2 minutes, i tried both offline and online and the issue is the same; other apps perform completely normal but not spotify

I am having the same problem as the two above me. Other music streaming services work fine when phone is locked. 

I needed to disable FaceWidgets, which replaces the Spotify playback controls, to get this working.

Turn off Music in Settings > Lock screen > FaceWidgets

Has there been a way to fix it because I've been playing spotify on my samsung a10e and the only thing is that it doesnt pause it will play but not pause on my lock screen

Suggested posts