Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lock screen and pulldown bar issues

Lock screen and pulldown bar issues

Recently moved from an old ZTE Maven to an S7 Edge, and for whatever reason, I cannot change the song from the lock screen or the pulldown bar. I have to go to the app in order to repeat or skip. The same goes for the remote on my earbuds (which are compatible.) This is especially frustrating when I'm on a run and have to pull my phone out to do anything. Saw this in another thread, but the issue was not solved. Hoping you guys can help.
5 Replies

Hi @saulgoode93

Have you tried to disable power saving mode settings?

Settings > Battery > Power Saving Mode> In the Power Saving Mode settings disable the "Restrict background data" setting

If it's still not working after doing the above then try to disable Power Saving Mode entirely:

Settings > Battery > Power Saving Mode

Settings > Battery > Detail > Spotify >Turned off

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. I'm not a Spotify employee

If this post solved your issue - Accept it as a solution.

If you like my post - Please add likes to it.

No such luck. Thanks though!

Hi @saulgoode93

I'm sad it didn't work 😞

I'd suggest you to stop battery optimization this time:

1. Open the Settings app on your phone (Pull down the notifications shade, and tap the gear in the upper right corner, or find “Settings” in the App Drawer.)
2. Tap Battery.
3. Tap the menu button and choose “Battery optimization.”
4. Tap the dropdown menu at the top of the screen and select “All apps.”
5. Scroll down to Spotify - tap it and select "Don't Optimize"

If it still didn't work, then you may want to check out the steps I found here because it could be that the headset controlling applications are creating the issue.

Hope it helps.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still no luck 😕

Hi @saulgoode93

Hmmm... I think the next thing that we can try is to reinstall the app.

If it still didn't work, then I think we now need to get assistance directly from Spotify. You may get in touch with Spotify directly through their Contact form.

You may also reach them through their twitter account @SpotifyCares, or through their Facebook page.

Hope it helps.

Suggested posts