Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lock screen widget for Acer Liquid Jade Z

Lock screen widget for Acer Liquid Jade Z

Hi Spotify Community,

I recently bought an Acer Liquid Jade Z and there's no Spotify widget appearing on my screen when the app is working and my phone is locked.
I had a look at the other topics but I didn't find any answer. I don't think there are other conflicting apps but I might be wrong.

My phone is running on Android 4.4.4 and the Spotify version is 4.8.0.1004

Thanks in advance for your help! 🙂
12 Replies

Can you try to uninstall then reinstall the app?

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for your quick feedback. I just did that and I succeeded in installing the app again. But now my phone says that the app cannot find storage... I have enough storage on my phone and on my SD card... Do you think both problems are linked or am I facing now a second issue?

Grr ☺️ ok, the would be unrelated I guess. Can you try a reinstall but following the guide linked in my signature? Important parts are the check for redundant folders and the reboot.

Android Troubleshooting:

Could you please send me the link here. On my mobile I can't see your signature. Thank you!

Sure: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/COMPLETE-GUIDE-How-to-fix-most-Android-issues/td-p/914...

Android Troubleshooting:

Ok! So I reinstalled it, it works again!
Bit no widget when my screen is locked...

Hmm. It could be that the manufacturer has disabled that feature. On order to get it you may have to try a different luck screen. There are a few on the play store if you just search for "lock screen"

Android Troubleshooting:

Is there one you particularly recommend? One you already know will work?

There's a new one by Microsoft called 'Next Lock Screen'. I've just installed it and checked that the widget control is present; which it is.

link to the app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.microsoft.next

Android Troubleshooting:

Great! It is the app I just downloaded. I haven't found yet how to activate the widget control but I will try to understand it better.

The app prompts you to enable the settings in android for full control. Once setup just start playing something in Spotify then lock your phone and you should see the minimised control. Pull down to expand the controls

Android Troubleshooting:

Hello, 

I have the same phone and am going through the same issue. I've tried the steps you've mentioned: deleting cached files, reinstalling, all to no avail. I've tried with other lock screens, doesn't work. Played with settings and permisssions, didn't help.

I think the issue is that spotify does not notify the phone that it is a music player, thus the lock controls are not showing up. Other side effects of this are that headset remotes and car remotes are not working either.

I've tested with soundcloud and google play music and those work fine - it seems to be specific to spotify.

I've found another thread with people having similar issues but it was resolved when spotify updated:
https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/Android-app-not-detected-as-a-music-player-anymore/td-...

Thought I should post here to see if anyone had any other suggestions? To the best of my knowledge it seems to be development related.

Suggested posts