Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lock screen widget problem

Lock screen widget problem

I have Sony Xperia Z1 Compact with stock lock screen. Recently I've noticed that the lock screen widget does not show up anymore (technically it does, but in a fraction of second it flickers and disappears). Thanks to another discussion here I understood that there must be some other notification app interacting and I found one: Sony SmartConnect with SmartKey. This software is original for Xperia, however, as we can see from this report: http://community.spotify.com/t5/forums/mobileforumtopicpage/board-id/spotifyandroid/thread-id/30814/ ,the problem itself is with other software as well. As the very least, Spotify should provide a way to disable the builtin widget (so we can use other widgets that provide music controls) AND a standalone widget to place on the lock screen (so if nothing works, we can just place it statically). Also, I think this problem needs to be investigated further…
1 Reply

Sorry, forgot to say, that disabling SmartKet fixed the issue and now I have the Spotify widget back. However, if possible, I would like to be able to use that software again…

Suggested posts