Lockscreen and notification bar controls not showing up

Solved!

Lockscreen and notification bar controls not showing up

lordmartyn
Regular
I'm running Spotify on a nexus 6 with android 6.0.1 with latest security updates. For the last two weeks now the notification bar and lockscreen controls won't come up. At first I thought I might have blocked it from the lock screen but the app permissions are all normal. This seems to have been doing this since the last update. Anyone else have this issue?
88 Replies

MaciLove

I was having the same issue then I went into my settings  and I allowed the  spotify app to send me notifications and now the spotify menu hows up on my lock screen 

crzlxnjeon

The dots on the top beside messenger logo was spotify notification. 

Screenshot_20171009_015118.jpg

Becila
Casual Listener

Logging in and out worked instantly for me too! 🙂

JeffVader

I solved the issue on my Galaxy S7 by allowing the Spotify app access to my files, microphone, camera etc. 

After that it reappeared on my lockscreen. Subsequently, I disabled access to aforementioned apps and the control panel remained.

Perhaps a bug since a previous update.

@lordmartyn wrote:
I'm running Spotify on a nexus 6 with android 6.0.1 with latest security updates. For the last two weeks now the notification bar and lockscreen controls won't come up. At first I thought I might have blocked it from the lock screen but the app permissions are all normal. This seems to have been doing this since the last update. Anyone else have this issue?

@lordmartyn wrote:

Jooosj23

I solved it on my end. Turned out I need to allow all permissions on my phone for Spotify then I removed all them back to no permission at all. It's now Woking. Using marshmallow os

Christineyop-13

Well it actually does but it wont like show the title of the song its just displayed there :((  my cellphone is iphone 6. Im not sure if its normal for it to be like that pls help huhuhu. ++ in spotify app The song plays but usually something will pop up on the bottom right? Then you can view whatsong plays i just dont know what to do

applejam97
Casual Listener

I used Oppo a37 and the album art is not showing on my lockscreen i only got controls for music but the album art is not showing.. please help.

matt5284

I had this problem after recent Android update.

Resolved via:

(Android) Settings>
Lock screen & Security>Lock screen preferences>Configure Notifications

Select:

Notifications
On for all apps 

Locate & select:

Spotify

Locate:

Playback (No Sound)
Slide to enable

Hope this helps

Solution!

Alex

Hey folks,

If you're experiencing this it might be worth to try out the Solution posted by @Harry-Clarke here.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

View solution in original post

SUGGESTED POSTS