Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lockscreen music controls just stopped displaying

Lockscreen music controls just stopped displaying

Hi, I use spotify on my desktop computer but a couple nights ago installed it on my Nexus 4 android phone (4.2.1). When I first installed it and was playing a song I had music controls on my lockscreen for spotify. I thought this was cool as I thought I would miss the lockscreen controls of Google Music.

Today was the first time I have listen to spotify since installing it and I have noticed that I no longer get the lock screen controls. I think it's really odd considering I had them before. I read somewhere to clear the data of the app and then try again. I did that and no such luck.

It's only the spotify lockscreen controls that are not displaying. If I play a song with google music or another music app (poweramp) the controls are displayed.

I just feel it's odd that I had them and they just disappered.

I'm not a noob (Moderator on XDA and Reconized Dev) So If there is something techincal I have to do don't feel it will be over my head. lol  I will keep poking around to see if I can get them to somehow magically come back but until then, anyone else have any other ideas?

9 Replies

Hey there (nice to see someone from XDA here ;)), anyhows, when this happens on my Nexus 7 I just force stop it via the manage apps menu and open it again, and it seems to fix it 🙂

I also have this problem and I can work around it by stopping the music and open "recent apps" and close Spotify by swiping. When I start Spotify again, the widget is working again.

This happen intermittently. It can happen when I unlock my phone and answering a text or opening my browser or anything.

My device: Google Nexus 4 (Also had this on my HTC One S)

Android Version: 4.2.2 (no root or custom ROM) (Had this on Android 4.0 and 4.1 on my HTC One S)

Yeah, it's a "feature" on my Nexus 7 too 🙂

Same problem on my Nexus 4 (4.4.3). Does anyone care?

I care. Are you just using the stock lockscreen? If not it's pretty hit or miss. I use Go Locker one my Note and spotify doesn't display until I switch back to the default lockscreen. On my Nexus, everything is stock and spotify displays nicely.

Just started doing the same on nexus 5 stock 4.4.4 with Spotify 1.6.0.952

@Bendjx wrote:
Just started doing the same on nexus 5 stock 4.4.4 with Spotify 1.6.0.952

Please read the guide linked below for details on getting a completely clean install of the Spotify app. This should be the first step and can help resolve issues such as:

- Black screen on startup
- Offline data not storing on SD card
- Random crashes or FC's
- Track degradation or skipping
- Playlists and tracks no longer available

[GUIDE] First step of troubleshooting - Clean Install

Please use the search feature before posting a problem/bug/idea.
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
     Using Spotify Since March 10th 2009
     Twitter: @mechanimal82

Android Troubleshooting:
[COMPLETE GUIDE] How to fix most Android issues
Spotify Android Version History

if you are experiencing these symptoms:

-music keeps playing after headphones or bluetooth are disconnected

-lock screen controls are gone while notifications are enabled

-have problems with external controls not functioning or launching while spotify is     running(smartwatches and the like. mine would show album art but the controls and library features did nothing)

disable or uninstall battery-saver applications. Battery managers can interfere with programs like spotify running in the background. I would recommend uninstalling any battery managing programs or adding an exception so that they allow spotify to do its thing.

ALSO android nougat dose feature causes the same problems, but it is easy to add exception for spotify.

Hello,

I have no battery saver app and do not have android/ Samsung battery saver on, but my phone has this symptoms. Sometimes Spotify works just fine but most times I don't have lockscreen/ external bluetooth controls and the music keeps playing even if I'm in a call or after the bluetooth is disconnected.

I just tried to unistall and reinstall the app following the tutorial found on the Spotify Community.

I'm in a Galaxy A7 running Android 6.0.1. Do you have any tips or guesses on how to solve this issue?

Thanks!

Suggested posts