Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Log-in Error; "You do not have a spotify account connected to your facebook account"

Log-in Error; "You do not have a spotify account connected to your facebook account"

Hello, 

I recently purchased a new phone and after downloading the spotify app from the Google play store I am having issues signing in. I do not have my spotify account connected to ym Facebook account nor do I want to. However, when I try to sign in I receive the following messge:

"You do not have a spotify account connected to your facebook account. If you have a Spotify account, please log in with your spotify credentials. If you do not have an account please sign up now" 

In lieu of this I have re-installed the app, restarted the device, logged on to Spotify on my computer and reset the password. However, nothing has worked. Does anyone know of a fix for this problem? 

8 Replies

For me what worked was resetting my password. I couldn't login with either my username or email. It would give me a different error message about incorrect password if I used the wrong password though, so it wasn't just because I forgot my password or username. This just happened to me and all my devices logged out, trying to sign into spotify on the web gave me an incorrect password message. Reseting my password resolved the issue.

**bleep** thanks a Million to you Im already thinking of killing myself after trying so many times and still it failed. 

This happens when you use the same email and password for Spotify as you do for Facebook.

Since the credentials are the same for both Facebook and Spotify, it tries logging in to Facebook first, and sees your accounts aren't connected, so instead of logging in to Spotify instead (like an intelligent app would), it kicks you out, saying your accounts aren't linked.

Change your Spotify password to something else. Then you'll be able to log in.

Thanks man. I hate that this works because the field literally says "username or email." Can we get a fix Spotify?

That's not correct @RL19 because Spotify doesn't know anything about you Facebook password. The way it works when you login with a Facebook account is something like, it asks Facebook to send it a secret token which identifies you. This token has no relationship to your passwords.

My solution is still valid, even if the reasoning isn't 100% correct.

I think the log in screen is misleading as, from what I've seen, using an email address instead of a username will always throw the facebook error if your account isn't linked to facebook.

Suggested posts