Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Solved!

I have recently bought a new smart phone (Vodafone Smart Mini 4) and have been a premium account user for over a year now. When choosing to go offline, in order to listen to my downloaded playlists, Spotify keeps telling me this: "To confirm that you're still a premium user, please go online now. Thanks". However, no matter how many times i then go online with the smart phone (and through loging in on my personal computer) this message still appears and any downloaded playlists sieze to exist.

If anyone could tell me what i am doing wrong, i would be eternally grateful! I have never had any problem using Spotify Premium before so i am very confused.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yeah sometimes devices get duplicated which can create a real mess, remove them all then reinstall the app once more. Should hopefully fix it for you (fingers crossed!).

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hi @Strieface and welcome to the community 🙂

Is offline mode on on the app? If so, turn it off 🙂

Liam

Hi Liam,

Thanks for replying. I have switched offline mode off many times in order to go online, as this is what Spotify is telling me to do. The problem is that i do want to use my mobile on offline mode but it keeps saying i need to go online every time.

@Strieface wrote:

Hi Liam,

Thanks for replying. I have switched offline mode off many times in order to go online, as this is what Spotify is telling me to do. The problem is that i do want to use my mobile on offline mode but it keeps saying i need to go online every time.

Does it let you use offline mode at all? If it doesn't c an you try uninstalling and redownloading? 🙂 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

No it doesn't. Says i need to go online in order to show that i am a premium user and subsequently anything i've donwloaded gets reset. I'll try re-installing it.

Just re-installed it and same problem occurs. Could it have anything to do with being signed in to Spotify on 2 devices e.g. my mobile and computer at the same time? This is really infuriating as i have used Spotify for ages with no problems. I don't think it's my new phone,as i do remember listening to music on it offline for 1 day since buying it.

Really appreciate your help!

@Strieface wrote:

Just re-installed it and same problem occurs. Could it have anything to do with being signed in to Spotify on 2 devices e.g. my mobile and computer at the same time? This is really infuriating as i have used Spotify for ages with no problems. I don't think it's my new phone,as i do remember listening to music on it offline for 1 day since buying it.

Really appreciate your help!

@Strieface It's been awhile since I've gotten back to this thread, are you still having the same problem? 

If your case is resolved, please click the 'Accept as Solution' button and add your kudos!

Yes, i am still having this problem. Anymore ideas?

Just wondering, how long have you tried listening for in online mode (on WiFi)? I've found it can sometimes take a few tracks (or some reason) for the timer to refresh on my S4.

Peter

It did work yesterday! I don't know how or why. I think my Spotify had updated itself as it looks all new. However, I left the phone downloading songs for offline mode overnight but when i came to play them this morning it had that message again saying 'to go online' again.

Previously i had played a track for about 2 minutes online. This morning i played it for much longer but it didn't make a difference.
I was also wondering weather the problem lies with the fact that i keep having to log in to my Spotify. If i leave Spotify on it will eventually ask me to log in again....

Hey. Now it does allow me to go offline, stating 'Days before you have to go online: 29 days'. However, now it won't let me listen to anything i've downloaded. The memory on my SD card is full so it must be full of all the songs i have downloaded yet when i go to play a playlist it tells me 'This playlist is not available'. When i go in to a playlist it still gives me the option to make the playlist available for offline mode but i have no memory left so it must already be downloaded surely!?

I hope this makes sense to you as i'm almost about to give up!

Just wondering, is that device appearing twice on your list of devices here?
https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/

Peter

No, it's actually appearing 3 times for some reason. Do you think that could be the problem? I don't know why it's appeared as all of my 3 offline devices.

Marked as solution

Yeah sometimes devices get duplicated which can create a real mess, remove them all then reinstall the app once more. Should hopefully fix it for you (fingers crossed!).

Peter

Yes! It's working again. I basically removed all offline devices, re-installed the app on  my mobile, and it started to work again. Thanks very much for all your help everyone!

I am trying to sign up to be a premium member but I get stopped by a message when I'm submitting my card info and it keeps repeating saying that I need to confirm that I'm not a robot but I have no idea what's wrong or what I need to do to pass that section please help.

Im having the same exact problem only i go to see how many devices are online and there are none... But i still get the "go online to confirm youre a premium user" Any advice?

Suggested posts