Announcements

Login Fails But Continues To Playlist

Solved!
Highlighted

Re: Login Fails But Continues To Playlist

Regular
I just tried this, and it doesn't work for my devices. Still just re-login all the time.
Does anyone know of any good alternatives to Spotify? I'm real sick and tired of this **bleep**. Crappy application, and the customer support is even worse. It's like they don't care whether they loose customers or not.
Highlighted

Regular
Why does this take so long Spotify? darn... Want to use my Spotify app normally again!
Highlighted

Ugh. Same thing here. I've also sent messages to see if they could fix it. All they tell me is they sent this to their IT people and will get back to me as soon as they have a solution. I've been without my Spotify (via mobile) for over 2 weeks now. My Spotify on my PC works just fine, it just doesn't work on my Galaxy S4.

I wish they would fix this.
Highlighted

Regular
Well, I thought I fixed it. Worked for one glorious day now back to unusable. Google Play Music is sounding good about now.
Highlighted

Casual Listener
At least im not alone, its been going on since the new update. I am a grown man and I wanna cry from frustration. I wish somebody could fix this. I thought it was the sprint network or the phone (Samsung S5). Helppp Spotify!!!!
Highlighted
Solution!

Casual Listener

Today , i try a new option. I installed an old version apk with this site https://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-Android/REQUEST-Previous-version-of-the-client-APK/td-p/79997?...

It's working... I hope for a long time. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Casual Listener
Thank you so much! Its working perfect so far!
Highlighted

Regular

Just got a new update. Nothing changed...

Highlighted
Solution!

Regular

Just got this e-mail from the Spotify support team:

"Hey, 

Thanks for your patience.

We have updated the Android app to a completely new app, which should work much better for you, please follow those instructions on screen when updating, making sure you delete the old app.

And, unfortunately, offline playlists may have to be re-downloaded in the new version

Please let me know how you get on.

Kind Regards, 

Tristan 

Spotify Senior Service Advisor"

So, I tried to download the new app in the app store, and guess what? IT WORKED!!

The app is called "Spotify Music", not the one that's called just "Spotify".
It will like he said in the e-mail most likely delete all your downloaded playslists. That's what happened to me. But I figure it is a small price to pay. 

So, now I am resubscribing to Spotify (after cancelling my subscription), and I hope we won't have any difficulties like this in the future. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Roadie

Can anyone else try installing the new app ('Spotify Music') and seeing if the same problem occurs?

Confirmation either way (thanks already to NorwegianWood) would be great.

Cheers!

Check out our Twitter for the latest updates on any service issues: @Spotifystatus

Problem solved? Click 'Accept as solution' to make it easier to find for others!

New to the Community? Check out our Community newbie tips
SUGGESTED POSTS