Login problems with android Spotify app

Plan

Premium

Country

uk 

Device Htc one M8

Operating System Android 6.0 Marshmallow

My Question or Issue

My phone crashed whilst Spotify was in offline mode, i now cannot login back in. it is telling me i need to be online to log back in but i cannot go online because it is in offline mode and it will not let me log in to change it to online mode. I do hope this makes some kind of sense to somebody.

5 Replies

Hi, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having trouble logging back into your app. I would recommend performing a clean reinstall of Spotify on your device, which should get it back to normal. Unfortunately, you'll need to redownload anything you want to be available offline after doing this.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I have had to do this before,it's a pain. It looks like this has been an on
going problem which Spotify have chose to ignore.

It can definitely be a pain to do a clean install, especially if you have a lot downloaded. I'm assuming you came across this previous issue thread. Have you happened to try this workaround they mention?

"When you get the Please go online to connect to Spotify, just hit cancel > delete password > re-enter pw > log in."

dinomightSpotify Star

Yep tried that. It just keeps saying go online to log in.

Okay, hate to hear that, but it looks like the clean install will be the only solution at the moment. I would recommend leaving some feedback on that thread I mentioned even though it's marked as "not right now" as there's always a possibility the Spotify team will return to this and any feedback is useful.

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts