Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Looking at new smartphone for Spotify

Solved!

Looking at new smartphone for Spotify

I am looking to purchase a new smartphone probably the Sony Ericsson xperia mini, this is because I can update the android software to version 4.0 (ICS), and it is cheap. Another reason is that I have a Spotify premium account so I want to take advantage of the new ICS upgrade for Spotify. I am not to sure that the ICS upgrade is available for the phone at the moment, so could I still run Spotify on this phone or will I have to wait. The phone is not currently on the list of phones supplied by Spotify that is able to run Spotify.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi there,

the posts and news you have seen about the new release for the Spotify app are just for a preview - i.e. beta - release. Hence the 'supported phones' page won't be updated for this until the final version hits the Market. However you should be able to download and run the preview on your new phone no problem

Dave

----------------
Listening on Windows, Android and Sonos. Tweeting it at @davelicence

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi there,

the posts and news you have seen about the new release for the Spotify app are just for a preview - i.e. beta - release. Hence the 'supported phones' page won't be updated for this until the final version hits the Market. However you should be able to download and run the preview on your new phone no problem

Dave

----------------

Thanks Dave for your swift reply. The  Sony Ericsson Xperia mini operating system is Android OS, v2.3 (Gingerbread). Do you think that this system will run Spotify ? 

Yes, you should be able to run the official app from the market even though the phone doesn't show up on the supported list. You can also try the preview release.

Note that I'm not 100% sure as I've not used that phone, but there have been other users on the forum using the Xperia Mini successfully

----------------

Suggested posts