Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost all my offline music - AGAIN

Lost all my offline music - AGAIN

Dear Spotify,

Spotify did it again. I am a premium user with 2000 offline songs at least. I like this service so much, I am relying on it for my entire music library, and I have less than 3 MP3 albums on my phones, only the few that are not available on Spotify.
It also takes 3-4 hours to backup all offline songs to my phone with a fair Internet connection. This morning, switched on my phone, was about to go on a 4 hour-trainride, opened Spotify to get in the musical mood of the day.

There it was, that weird "Log in / Sign up" screen once again. I log back in, to find ALL MY OFFLINE MUSIC HAS BEEN DELETED just like I was never logged in to Spotify on this device. I used it yesterday and it worked fine, my subscription payment is up to date.
I don't know how this bug is not important enough it wasn't fixed. I cannot afford at any time to lose 3 hours of my time to re-backup my entire offline music because I got logged off the app for no reason.

Any idea? Do you know if they plan to fix this?

Julien.

101 Replies

Hiya @Atcqtom. If this only happens when you are streaming, this is something I haven't seen before. I recommend you contact the support guys direct here.

This happened to me too!! I'm guttered! Has Spotify come up with a way to get my entire library back?

I lost all my 1810 offline songs on tuesday, had to redownload them on that evening, and now 4 days later, I've lost them again. So much of my data is being used due to your incompetence, and your inability to find the solution to this ongoing problem for many users.

This is really getting out of hand. Fifth time in a month I'm losing my entire offline connection. Downloading 2k+ songs every week is a luxury I cannot afford. 😞
I've been a loyal premium user for 3 years now. It's tragic. If this doesn't get fixed ASAP, I have no choice but to seek alternative streaming services!

I lost all my offline albums today. Rubbish service Spotify... Really really rubbish...

Same problem for me today. I go online everyday, I have downloads on only one device. This morning after switching on the phone and opening the app it took a while to start... and then all my offline was lost. I had 6gb of songs on SD storage, on my new samsung a320 2017.

This just happened to me, new user (less than a week) signed up to family premium and on our second day away on holiday found that all the offline music I have prepared for the next 2 weeks has gone. Sad to see this is a long standing problem after looking at this thread.

I have next to no data availability and no WiFi so streaming or downloading again is not an option. Now I have no music for the next two weeks I will probably cancel and ask for a refund so I can sign up with another service once I am back home, am amazed this kind of thing happens to a mature product like Spotify.

Happened to me this week as well.  20gb of downloaded content, just gone.  Taking forever to re-download it all!  

Hi

I eventually for my music all back. The customer service via email was absolutely useless. I was so frustrated I was going to cancel subscription but then a little chat box popped up. I started charting with consultant and they had all my missing music back and up and running in 10-15mins. Mind you I had to create a new profile but the consultant transferred all my music in the background with no issues.

The same keeps happening to me as well. I have had the service for over a year and have had zero issues up until now. All of a sudden my app just deletes all of my offline library, and with just over three thousand songs it takes a long time to redownload everything. I pay good money for this service and am seriously considering using something else if this keeps happening

Just happened to me for the firs time, thinking of ditching Spotify.

I have the same problem over here, what can you do about it, it's like my account never excisted, it's the first time that this happens to me, and i tried to login with facebook, **bleep** it's saying that another one is logged in on my account, did you get you're music back and stuff or is it just a sad story and you have to do it all over again?

I don´t have this problem anymore...

It used to happen to me dozen of times every month, when I had Samsung S7 and iPhone 7 Plus.

Since I bought Samsung S8 (3months) I have not lose any of my downloaded music, and I hope it does not happen 🙂

I think Spotify should have solved this problem as there are so many people with this issue for so long.  Not even an answer!  This is awkward and disrespectful from them...

Well, I wish good luck to all of you....  disrespected customers.

I got a new phone and the problem is gone. I think it has to do with your
storage. It forgets about the SD. New phone has 128gb internal so it's not
an issue.

Its definitely to do with the sd storage. It ended up corrupting my sd card and i lost three months of pictures and videos. Now I need to spend money on a new sd card. Gonna ditch them. Ridiculous.

gdsneto above says that switching to a Samsung S8 stopped this problem for them.

I'm afraid the S8 isn't the answer. My wife's got an S8 now, got it 2-3 months ago, and it's lost all downloaded music multiple times in that 2-3 months.

I've had no trouble with my S8 and SD card. A fairly common issue seems to be with encrypted SD cards which take longer to mount. Restarting a device and running spotify before the card has been mounted will cause an empty cache to be created in internal storage.

Ditto all. HOW COME SPOTIFY ITSELF DOESN'T RESPOND!!!!!!!!!!??????????????

Well, I "hate" to say that, but I'm kinda "reliefied" that there is other peoples having the same problem. I have Spotify for 2 months and a few days now, and between that, I lost all my downloaded musics THREE TIMES!!! I actually thought it was a problem with my SD card. Wich is kind of old (two and a half years), but it is a 32 GB Sandisk Class 10. And if it is broken (wich it shouldn't, as I only removed it one time when I change my phone in december), I can forgive that. Now, I'm downloading my musics again into the internal storage, and I hope it won't bother me again. And I'll have less than 3 GB left in it, and that's lovelly.

Spotify is truly amazing, but they should've fixed this bug a long time ago, don't know why they don't.

I think you probably should make sure to delete all.spotify files (cache,
etc.) from your external card as well.

Suggested posts