Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lost all my offline music - AGAIN

Lost all my offline music - AGAIN

Dear Spotify,

Spotify did it again. I am a premium user with 2000 offline songs at least. I like this service so much, I am relying on it for my entire music library, and I have less than 3 MP3 albums on my phones, only the few that are not available on Spotify.
It also takes 3-4 hours to backup all offline songs to my phone with a fair Internet connection. This morning, switched on my phone, was about to go on a 4 hour-trainride, opened Spotify to get in the musical mood of the day.

There it was, that weird "Log in / Sign up" screen once again. I log back in, to find ALL MY OFFLINE MUSIC HAS BEEN DELETED just like I was never logged in to Spotify on this device. I used it yesterday and it worked fine, my subscription payment is up to date.
I don't know how this bug is not important enough it wasn't fixed. I cannot afford at any time to lose 3 hours of my time to re-backup my entire offline music because I got logged off the app for no reason.

Any idea? Do you know if they plan to fix this?

Julien.

101 Replies

I am really tired of this now, I have the family plan and if it was not for the noise that the kids make, I would have gone elsewhere long ago.  Anyway it just happened right on time for a week's holiday abroad, the app lost all my music that I had downloaded ready for the break away, with my only option being to pay for the wifi at the hotel and very slowly watch the music re-download in the hotel lobby so I could listen on the beech.

Then to top it all on the flight back I was sat next to some poor couples screaming 3 year old, which they could not calm down no matter what so when I launched spotify to help drown out the noise I was horrified to be greeted with a login screen!! with that offline account nonsense when I enter my details!! so that’s no music for me replaced with one horrendous flight soundtrack that I will remember for all the wrong reasons for the rest off my life. Now I am home I will have to completely wipe the spotify app from my phone and reinstall to get it working again 😞 

Seriously FFS Spotify! this issue has been going on for far, far to long! We are paying customers of a service that defiantly has a bug that needs fixing!! You and not a small company with 2 coders in a basement, their are no excuses for not resolving this issue by now!

Spotify on my mobile has decided to be offline for a few weeks now and refuses to search for tracks/artists. Nothing new, this has been happening on and off for years. I've logged out and in again, no change.

The crux of the issue is Spotify thinks it is offline BUT go to the home screen and you can play all the media there streamed live, but you can't search or go to artists etc. My guess is my Honor mobile has some clever network sensing/switching that is confusing Spotify i.e. Spotify reads 'no data connection' status rather than trying to actually use the network.

The truth test? All my other network enabled applications work fine always, every day. Spotify is buggy **bleep**. I've read all this thread - someone needs to fix the code, there are no solutions here.

Suggested posts