Canada

Device

Samsung Galaxy S9

Operating System

Android Pie

My Question or Issue

Here's what changed on my sister's phone recently:

1) most of her songs are gone

2) the settings icon is now located on the Home page instead of the Library page

3) in her Library, she can now only navigate though Playlist, Artist and Album...no more songs. But moreover and most frustrating : we only can navigate in Artist as a follower. It doesn't show the albums saved under any specific artist.

4) under Settings, her name appears as a profile on the top, that she can share now.

I read and applied most solutions I found on the web to bring her back the original interface and recover her music: cleared cache, logged out and in, uninstalled (in my sister's phone, it's deactivate instead) and reinstalled the app....nothing worked so far.

And it seems she is not the only one with this problem....as if this is how Spotify now wants us to navigate. Will I get this update on my Note9? If that's the case, we both will be out!

Thank you for your support!

20190317_091036.jpg
1 Reply

Hey @veloz753 and welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Spotify recently pushed an update to the Spotify users which changes the Your Library UI and the way it works. Your saved songs which were in the folder called Songs before now can be found in Favorite Songs playlist, the one with the white heart in a purple background.

Check this Spotify Answer to learn more about the changes to Your Library.

They're always testing and launching improvements and new features. However, if you don't like the new look, please head over to this idea and add your +VOTE. You can always add your own input in the comments there as well 🙂

If you'd like more info on how the Ideas Exchange works, check more here.

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts