Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Low App volume on Galaxy S8

Low App volume on Galaxy S8

I've had the S8 for a little over a month, and the volume for the Spotify app on my phone is significantly lower than every other app on my phone. For example, while I'm driving with Waze going, I have Spotify playing music. I have to turn the volume all the way up, just about to the max to hear the music on Spotify, but when Waze chimes in with directions or hazards ahead, the Waze voice sounds like its going to blow the speakers in my car. The music via the Spotify app is nowhere near blowing the speakers at the same volume. I've compared it to playing videos on Youtube, on Snapchat, and also compared it to the stock music player, and the Spotify volume is always so so so much lower. It is also low volume when I connect to Bluetooth speakers, volume doesn't go as high as it did with the S5 I had prior. Please fix. 

9 Replies

Same, I just got a new S8, came from iphone, max volume on spotify on Samsung is about half of iphone volume. every other app is fine

**bleep**, thank you. I thought I was going crazy. No one else is posting about this issue, and this volume issue is driving me crazy. Waze screaming over my music is no fun 😞

I have an s8 plus and have exactly the same problem

I have s8+ with LG Tone headset and am having the same issue. Compared to Pandora it seems about 25% quieter. I had this issue a few years ago and went back to an older version until it was fixed. Back then it was way worse. Still frustrating to see it again.

Me too! Spotify on the galaxy s7 was perfect. Swapped across to the s8, at least 40% softer. Especially when compared to the waze voice commands when used in tandem in the car. Driving me nuts.
Just tried using speaker boost app and it make absolutely no difference for spotify volume.

Please please help!!

It took me long enough to realize this was only happening on Spotify and nothing else on my new S8. Why is the volume significantly lower than every other app on the S8? I would very much appreciate a fix for this if it's available.

Yep, same issue here. Turning off "Normalize Volume" in settings seems to help somewhat, but still most songs are just too quiet. I would assume either Spotify/Samsung are just trying to preserve their user's hearing, but when it comes to music it should ultimately be the listener's choice.

I have the same issue. I didn't rearealize until yesterday. Can't understand why this is happening 

It's so disappointing. I've switched over to Amazon Music - unbelievable sound quality, it beats Spotify on every track I've tested.

Suggested posts