Premium

Country

Brazil

Device

Samsung Galaxy J5 Prime

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

I can see the lyrics when I'm using Spotify on desktop but they aren't appearing on the mobile (same account). I tried using someone else's account on the same phone and the lyrics are there but when I log off and log in on my account again they're not there. I've tried doing the "clean uninstall", re-starting my phone, logging out, cleaning the cache and nothing worked.

6 Replies

Mikimoto
Gig Goer

Same here. It must be something on the accounts, some internal flag that someone in Spotify technical team could activate...

Maybe the users that are host of family accounts are not yet configured to show the lyrics?

You might try to support this idea to get your account activated for lyrics: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Idea-Submissions/Mobile-Create-a-way-for-requesting-the-activation-...

Alex

Hi there folks,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

The Lyrics feature is still in test phase, hence it might not be available for all users across all devices. 

We recommend logging out and back in twice on Mobile. This activates the feature on some accounts.

Let us know how it goes once you try trins.

We'll be on the lookout for your replies. 

Thanks.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

yjmila
Casual Listener
It didn't work :((

Alex

Hi @yjmila,

Thanks for your reply.

If the double re-log didn't activate the Lyrics feature, we'd suggest trying a new test account. You can create one with another email address and see if the Lyrics feature is available on that one. If that's the case you can consider moving your music collection over. Check out this guide for some helpful info on how to do that.

Hope this helps.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“With freedom, flowers, books, and the moon, who could not be perfectly happy?” ― Oscar Wilde

bimboo23
Visitor
same to mee

arnold_lazo

the same happening to me

SUGGESTED POSTS