Premium

Country

Argentina

Device

Motorola One Action

Operating System

Android 10

My Question or Issue

Lyrics won't show on my phone (They appear on the desktop app). I tried a clean install, as you suggested, but it did not work. I also created another account to see what was going on and just for a moment the lyrics appeared, but then after I went back to my main account and again to the recently created one to take the screenshot, the option dissapeared.

Screenshot_20210307-014338.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @Squoshy

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Since the Lyrics feature is still being tested, it's not available for all users and it might disappear from accounts that used to have them. In this case, we'd recommend keeping your app up to date so you don't miss it when it becomes available for everyone. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us though and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers. 

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Hey @Squoshy,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community.

Please keep in mind that the Lyrics feature is still in it's test phase and not all accounts have access to it. What we recommend in this case is that you run a clean reinstall of the Spotify app and then log out and back in two times in a row. This will get rid of any damaged app files and prompt a resynch with our servers. If Lyrics still don't appear, you can try to create a new account with a different email address or through Facebook and check if you can see the feature on it. If it works on the new account you can copy your playlists from the old account using the steps here

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

As I said, I tried both options, and in the new account the lyrics were
there, but after logging out and in again, they disappeared.
Marked as solution

Hi @Squoshy

Thanks for getting back to us. 

Since the Lyrics feature is still being tested, it's not available for all users and it might disappear from accounts that used to have them. In this case, we'd recommend keeping your app up to date so you don't miss it when it becomes available for everyone. 

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us though and will make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always strive to improve your experience.

If anything else comes up, we're always a message away. 

Cheers. 

NovyModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts