Premium family

Country

Australia

Device

Sony xperia A1

Operating System

Android 8.0

My Question or Issue

I have tried so many things but I can't shift Spotify onto the SD card.  I used to be able to do it on my old phone with the 'extreme' download option but that doesn't work now.  I have read all the instruction guides and reformatted my card to portable but still don't have the storage option in my menu.  I have manually moved the files from internal to the card through file manager but they all just disappeared and my playlists showed as no longer downloaded.  I've deleted file caches, reinstalled about a million times but nothing seems to be working.  Can anybody please help?  I can't use internal storage without it taking up my whole phone.

2 Replies

I have the same problem as you but I feel like the storage option should exist even if there is something wrong with your phone. Just before I got the latest update all my downloaded songs disappeared and I have no idea how. So I had to download them again and now I can't move it to my sd card again. Maybe they just forgot to add the feature? I don't think that your phone is the problem since mine was working just fine until now and I have the same problem after the update. Spotify: please get**bleep** together or youtube will screw you over

@Anderlie

I have a Sony Xperia x Compact and have the same issue. I've spent 3 hours trying every fix on dozens of forums. Spotify please help! 

Suggested posts