Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

MY Samsung Galaxy s5 won't sync local files

MY Samsung Galaxy s5 won't sync local files

Hey!

As said in the subject line my Galaxy S5 wont sync my local files in my playlists and before you link me to "https://support.spotify.com/uk/learn-more/guides/#!/article/Listen-to-local-files" i have read it several times and it will not work!

i have spent some time here on the forum reading up on the issue and the only "fix" i found has been to make sure that Spotify is allowed through your Windows firewall and yes its allowed through.

Both my PC and Phone is Connected to the same Router PC on lan and Phone on Wi-Fi but still same router so that should not be an issue (tho if it is that needs to be fixed)

i would appreciate any and all help with this issue!

//Fliz92

6 Replies

It could be that the PC is not connected to the same WiFi network.

To sync the local files, both your phone and computer have to be on the same WiFi. 

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Like I said in the post they are connected to the same network on the same router tho my pc has a wired connection to it and my phone is on WiFi on the same router so I highly doubt that that is the problem.

If you have a way to test the computer on WiFi, try it out just to see.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Not sure if this has been resolved yet, but unfortunately if your computer is hardwired to the router and the phone is on wifi that does not constitute them being on the same wifi network and it will not work. Both the phone and the computer must be connected to the wifi network wirelessly in order for the wifi sync to work. 

@Fliz92 wrote:
Like I said in the post they are connected to the same network on the same router tho my pc has a wired connection to it and my phone is on WiFi on the same router so I highly doubt that that is the problem.

I have my computer and my Samsung s5 on the same wifii, I am still unable to sync local files

Well I guess it's not gonna be much help but I got mine to work when I moved, I have the same router and now it just works the only thing that has changed is the isp the modem is the same model and the rest of the equipment is the exact same so, I can confirm that you DO NOT have to have both devices on WiFi.

Soffa that I can not provide an easy solution for you it seems that it's spotify that needs to figure out a few issues I'm afraid

Suggested posts