Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mac/Android] Spotify Connect disconnecting after pausing

[Mac/Android] Spotify Connect disconnecting after pausing

I often use Spotify Connect to control my Android phone's Spotify app using my Mac client. However, if I pause playback from my computer or I reach the end of an album or playlist, I have to hit play on the phone to reestablish the connection. Otherwise, my computer shows my phone as "Unavailable for listening on" in the "Devices" menu. Pausing from my phone does not sever the connection. I have a Google Nexus 5 running Android 6.0.1.

11 Replies

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Very frustrating.

I just figured out a work around. If you download an app that allows you to keep your screen on indefinitely (some versions of android have this feature built in) then you will not lose the connection, even when pausing.

UPDATE: Actually, after some further tests I have realized that it's not the screen going off that severs the connection but the lock screen.

If you disable your lock screen (for example, swipe to unlock) then you can turn off the screen without any problems when pausing.

Exact same type of issue.  Once paused, it cannot be restarted by desktop app.  I'm assuming this is related to one of many possible battery saving features that turn apps off/sleep/restrict data.  I'm on a T-mobile s7 edge.  I've turned off battery saver, battery optmization (doze) and Netguard which restricts data on some apps.  Issue is still present though.

My Samsung Galaxy s6 is connected to my stereo by USB. I run my Windows Surface as remote. Pause disconnects my Surface and hitting play again starts playback at my Surface instead. Yes when a playlists ends I also loose the connection.

Android: 6.0.1

Windows 10 PRO Version:1607 OS-version 14393.105

Same problem on Android, connection only resumes once phone is unlocked.

Time to fix this **bleep** now please.

This happens to me with iPhone also.

Same problem here, started happening with the latest update. Anyone with the .apk of the previous spotify version so I can rollback? Cheers!

Same problem here,

Already replied to another thread on same topic and didn't see any response from spotify itself..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=basofea2UEs

Same here between Windows and my S8.

Same problem here.

The whole thing where you connect the desktop app to the android app is a mess!!!

Please fix this.

Android Apotify version: 8.4.50.566

Desktop version: 1.0.77.338.g758ebd78

PS: I can confirm that leaving the phone with no lock screen (swipe to unlock) seems to "fix" the problem, but it's a extremly unsafe workaround..

Suggested posts