Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mac & Android

Mac & Android

I have Spotify on my Mac. I also have it on my Android device.

1. On my Mac looking at Spotify, left side, Collection, I have Library and Local Files. Then I look at my Android device and neither of these are there.

2. So I create a New Playlist, I name it, iTunes Music. I drag the 80 songs from Local Files to the new iTunes Music collection. 

3. I now see iTunes Music on my Android device. I click on that to see the list. All the songs are greyed out. I hit the green Download button and it says I need the Premium version. 

4. So there's no way to get my 80 songs from my Mac to my phone without going to your Premium version?

2 Replies

Hey!

Yes, that is correct. The Spotify mobile version is only working with a Premium subscription.

I guess you're from the US, since you can access the mobile version (only US users can access the radio feature on the mobile app).

Playing your playlists/syncing thoses songs for offline use on the mobile app are Premium features only.

That sucks big time and yes I'm in the US. I'm just trying to get my songs from my Mac to my Droid. 

Even with that the songs in my iTunes that I was able to transfer to my phone somehow won't play because of the format. Droid won't play m4a and m4p files for some reason. I had to convert them to mp3 or wav files. What a pain.

Suggested posts