Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Make removing the currently playing song from playing list easy

Make removing the currently playing song from playing list easy

This is the use case. I find an interesting playlist. I create a new playlist based on it so that I customized it further. I click "Shuffle Play". A few songs later I find myself not interested in the song being played. I want to remove it from the playlist. On Android, I can only do this in the list view. If the list happens to have many (100+) songs, I have to go through the list one by one to locate the song by name and click "..." to remove it from the list. The only visual clue in the UI is the currently playing song font is bold in the list. That's all.

There is no way to sync the current song in the list (like Windows Desktop spotify does). There is also no way to remove a song from the list in the single song UI (the view with album art, playing controllers etc.)

Did I miss anything or is this by design?

Thanks.

1 Reply

I guess that the mobile apps aren't really meant for this sort of process but I had an idea which may work for you. How about starring the tracks you want to remove instead then, at a convenient time, you can simply scan through the playlist tracks and remove all the starred ones?

Suggested posts