Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Matching spotify with shazam.

Matching spotify with shazam.

I can't match spotify with shazam,. I don't have the option in shzam, it is update and yes i'm a premium user of spotify. Please help
9 Replies

Hey @Luisfer96!

Welcome to the Spotify Community.

No worries! If you use Shazam to identify the music around you, use Spotify to play it. To do so, just tap Listen with Spotify in the Shazam app to open Spotify and start listening.

Let us know if this clears things up.

Maria_BModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“The music is not in the notes, but in the silence in between.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart

Hi there, 

I have the same problem here. I can not play the songs of Shazam in Spotify. 

It is VERY strange. It was ok just two weeks ago when I got my new phone and I activated my premium spotify account. 

But now... when I tap to play a song in Shazam, they only give me the option to play the song in APPLE MUSIC! See the attached pic for reference.

I never used APPLE MUSIC before and it is not even installed in my phone.. 

Any idea why this happens? 

Could it be some problem related with my location? I travel quite A LOT.. Right now I am in China for example... 

Your help would be really appreciated. Thansk a lot!! 

220078969937318741.jpg

Hi

I have your same problem too. Have you solved it?

The Link to connect Spotify is missing.. 

Screenshot_20171221-113840.png

Same issue here, no more Shazam offered in Spotify.

I do get the authorization in shazam but when confirmed it just bounces me back.

Any help please?

I am also a premium spotify user and it worked on my ipad before but not on my new iphone 8plus ios 11

Thanks

I have the same problem! and I'm a premium as well.. 

can u please fix it? it is a very bad experience  😞

moderator Maria_B; so my reply was actually deleted, which means you are not willing to listen to simple and honest critique. Well its on record anyway so perhaps someone else at spotify needs to get notified on this matter, and on the deletion of replies.

For the record, no thread at Spotify is willing to even answer this issue, and even less so listen to the replies from people having the same problem. I would still very much like to get an answer to this issue and not get a false solution as "the end of the discussion".

Apple acquired Shazam at the end of last year so I imagine tat a partnership between Shazam and Spotify is no longer possible.

Joe: Thanks for the reply Joe. However, this is not the case for Swedish users and probably not for other's either. The issue seems to be when you have an account in one country and you are reinstallilng Shazam in another, that is when the "authorization procedure" fail on SPOTIFY's side (ie Spotify does not seem to give the authorization when you are abroad).

So I would still like a proper answer from a Spotify moderator to affirm that Shazam will no longer work with Spotify.

Suggested posts