Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Max volume on my lg g3 is too low when playing on spotify

Max volume on my lg g3 is too low when playing on spotify

I just bougth a lg g3 and started downloading my playlists on the device and when I started playing the max volume is just too low. I can even overhear the music playing in the gym when Im on my headphones. I know is not volume settings on the device since I play music on youtube or soundclound and this the volume is ok. 

Im a premium user and this is really upsetting since im getting crappy service. Do you know a fix for this?

14 Replies

@ericmenb the issue has been reported, for the record which version are you using right now? 

2.7.0.883 thanks for replying

Just wanted to add, im having this issue too on Sony Z3, latest Spotify. Was fine last week before the update.

I have the same issue. Volume was fine before I updated to .883. Now its way low. Tried the nuplayer fix and it did nothing. Using a moto e with 5.0.1.

Same problem here, I immediately noticed the drop in volume after the update this week.

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 on KitKat 4.4.2.

Same problem here. Compared the volume of the same track in Pandora vs. Spotify and Spotify is considerably more quiet.

I can't remember how low or high the volume was on the last update but now playing spotify through my truck's stereo its so quiet compared to playing the same song through my phone's music player (Note 4)
Note 4

My Galaxy S5 has the same problem. All was fine till about 10 days ago. All the other sound playing apps are playing at the same volume they were before. Spotify is loooow at the devices max volume.

Same problem here. Version 2.7.0.883 Galaxy S3 4.4.4

Please fix in the next update

Well, 
I think I've found my problem, I came from Google Music this month over to Spotify.

I feel like going back!

Do spotify normally have a quick turn around on these sorts of major issues?

I am having the same problem on my LG volt. The volume was loud until my upgrade yesterday. Can I get rid of this upgrade

Just add more info if any devs look at these posts. Spotify Version 2.7.0.883 Android version 5.0 Kernel 3.40 

I will probably cancel my subscription if this is not addressed.

Same issue on the Samsung S3 phone and Note 10.1 tablet

Go here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Ongoing-Issues/Android-volume-level/idc-p/1134031

Add your info.

Maybe they'll fix it eventually if enough people report in.

Suggested posts