Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Meizu EP52 "snap to pause" don't work anymore.

Meizu EP52 "snap to pause" don't work anymore.

Plan

Premium

Country

Poland

Device

Xiaomi Mi A1, Meizu EP52 BT headset.

Operating System

Android Oreo

My Question or Issue

Headsets snap-to-pause function stopped working last month. App responds to physical button controls properly. Snap works perfectly with other players, only Spotify refuses to pause.

9 Replies

Hey @dran2.

Thanks for reaching out to us about this.

Could you try a quick reinstall of the Spotify app on your phone by following the steps in this support article? That tends to solve most common issues.

If that doesn't do the trick, let us know and we'll look into it.

Thanks! We'll be looking out for your reply 😉

Yeah, I tried this before I even posted here.

Anything new?

Still waiting for any response.

Hey @dran2.

Thanks for getting back to us, and apologies for the late reply!

Since this is a feature developed by a third party, we suggest that you reach out to Meizu here (their contact details are in the bottom-right corner of the page) and speak to them about this.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you have any other questions.

This "feature" is generic pause or stop singal. It works in any other app, and it was working with Spotify two months ago. Nothing changed in headset and it still works perfectly. There was no firmware update or anything that could case compatibility. Whatewer is happening is your fault.

@Peter. I found an older Spotify .apk (v8.4.93.338) and this "third party feature" worked then. After this spotify messed something.

@Peter wrote:

Let us know how it goes! We'll be here in case you have any other questions.

Do you know if there is any progress in bringing back this feature from 8.4.93.338 to curent one? Keeping all my apps out from auto update just to keep Spotify from updating to broken version is an annoyance and probably a security risk.

Hi, I'm still waiting.

Suggested posts