Premium

Country

US

Device

Samsung Galaxy S10+

Operating System

Android 9 (up to date)

My Question or Issue

For YEARS Ive been dealing with an issue where when I try to search for songs or artists from my phone, or access these menu for a song/artist/album by long pressing, I get the green loading circle for a very long time. Sometimes it says something like "go online to see menu", and sometimes it just spins for 5, 10, 15 min... youtube, chrome and every other internet using app works fine, and song playback usually works great, its just the spotify menus that are broken. This happens whether Im on 4g or wifi. Sometimes clearing the cache, or killing the spotify app and starting it again seems like it may help... but usually it doesn't. 

Ive gone through three different phones (all android, all samsung galaxy) and this has been a problem on all of them. At this point I think Im getting close to switching to another service. 😞

1 Reply

Hey @efwfwfwfsfsfsas,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for reaching out about this.

We can see you've already gone through some good troubleshooting, but there are a few more things you can try to get this fixed:

• Check if you have any cache clearing apps on your device and if you do make sure Spotify is listed as an exception.
  • Check if the battery saving option is on and make Spotify an exception.
  • In case you're using a SD card, check if there is a problem with it.

Also, just to clarify, can you please confirm if you have tried logging into another Spotify account or using different networks on your other devices?

Thanks - keep us posted and together we'll get this resolved.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts