Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Metadata not being displayed on car screen

Metadata not being displayed on car screen

I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S9+ and when I connect Spotify to my car's Bluetooth (BMW 320d F30), the metadata isn't displayed on my car screen. I have the latest software update for my car and had no issues displaying the metadata using my previous phones. Assume this must be a software issue, please help..

6 Replies

Make sure you are using the latest version of Spotify, and make sure you car has all of its most recent drivers installed. Try re-installing spotiy on your phone. 

I'm having the same problem with my S8 that just upgraded to Android Oreo. It was perfectly fine before the update of Android. And I can still CONTROL it using my steering wheel controls and my head unit, just no song data. 

20180405_215057.jpg

I have the exact same problem as Inn0c3nc3.  I have a Samsung Galaxy S8+ and my Honda Fit screen looks exactly like the picture Inn0c3nc3 posted ever since I downloaded Android Oreo.

I have the latest app and firmware in place. Still can't see metadata. 

Any response from Spotify tech guys??

So, the night I posted that, I spent over an hour chatting with tech support. It got to the point where it was late, I was tired and they wanted me to use another Android device. I told them i could the next day when i had access to my husband's phone and they gave me a case number to chat when I could. 

I haven't bothered to chat since then. They had me exit, sign out and back in, uninstall spotify, reinstall spotify, sign into another account, etc. And it was really redundant considering the problem is obviously the Android oreo update. My phone did just update again, but I haven't checked yet. 

So, in short- nope, no resolution. But I have found other posts (specifically about the pixel having similar issues back in August/September with Android oreo). 

I'm having the same issue after upgrading to Android Oreo. It's so frustrating. Samsung Music and YouTube and almost every other app shows titles over bluetooth, just not Spotify. 

Suggested posts