Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Minimalist Mode for Mobile/Disable images

Minimalist Mode for Mobile/Disable images

I'd like to suggest a minimalist mode for the Spotify App. Personally, I want the power user ability to disable album art while browsing and playing music. But perhaps suggesting that alone isn't appealing enough.

Could Spotify create a minimalist mode thats all text? I'd appreciate that. Thank you.

5 Replies

Hey there @neon-drifter,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

It's only possible to not view any album artwork when Car View is switched on at the moment. This way, you'll see larger, driver-friendly icons in the Now Playing view, and you can quickly change what plays with Choose Music at the bottom of the screen.

If you'd like that, you can keep Car View on the app by following the steps below: 

1. Tap Home 
  2. Tap Settings 
  3. Under Car view, toggle on Always on

However, if you'd like not to view Canvas (the moving visuals you see on some tracks in Now Playing) when using the app, you can switch Canvas (under Playback in the app's settings) off.

Let us know how you get on! We'll be right here if you need more help.

Have a lovely day 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

Car view doesn't seem to have an always on option. It just has a toggle for
Turn On Automatically when connected to a cars Bluetooth.

No option for always? I got my hopes up. 😞

Same issue here I don’t see this option?

Hey @neon-drifter and @Jayunit100,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here! 

When you choose Always on for Car view using the steps that @Katerina provided, the question Want to start your journey now? should pop up. You can select Try it now and car view will activate regardless if you're connected to a car. You can exit this mode at any time using the car symbol in the upper-right corner of the screen. If you want to reenable it again go to car mode settings, choose any of the other options and then switch again to Always.

Another possible solution for you might be Spotify Lite, if it's available for your market. You can find out more about it here

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The crowding of mobile device viewing space with album arts is a MAJOR source of annoyance. It's up there with commercial ads that play at volume x 2.  Please, for those of us that get overwhelmed easily with visuals, bring back the minimalist interface.  

We pay for the music because we want the music, not the visual arts. 

Suggested posts