Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Minor bug noticed while shuffling a playlist

Minor bug noticed while shuffling a playlist

I'm a mobile developer and noticed something while using shuffle play for my playlists on the current build for Android.

It's a very benign problem, but I love Spotify and thought I'd share it since I enjoy Android development.

Basically, when using shuffle, the song info (both in the bottom bar and while using the fullscreen view) changes to the next song in the shuffle while the current track keeps playing. Once the bug starts, it will keep showing the following song in the shuffle each time the current track ends. I imagine this is some issue with the song list object (or whatever entity the playlist is stored in) losing focus of what its current track is.

Currently it seems to happen randomly, and I can't reproduce it at will. It does, however, happen just about every time I use the app on my phone. Just thought I'd share. I love the service and figured I'd offer this small bit of constructive input.

2 Replies

Hey @Zalkarth, welcome to the Spotify Community!

To start, can you let us know what device, operating system, and version of Spotify you're using? Also, can you remember roughly when this started happening?

We really appreciate the info you've provided us with and will definitely keep an eye on this.

Keep us posted and have a nice one 🙂

Thanks for replying!

The phone is an LG V10. The OS is 6.0

Spotify version is 6.0.0.864

This began happening in mid to late July, I believe.

Let me know if you need anything else, and thanks for your help!

Suggested posts