Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

[Mobile][Podcasts] Play podcast videos while using Bluetooth devices

[Mobile][Podcasts] Play podcast videos while using Bluetooth devices

Ibelieve there should be a way to watch podcast videos while using a Bluetooth device. With the advancement of mobile phones today there are practically no new phones on the market with a headphone jack built into the phone. With that being said most users are using some form of Bluetooth to listen or watch content on the Spotify app, so to limit such a huge part of the podcast experience I feel is not justified. I do understand that a problem that does come from that is not wanting people to drive and watch videos simultaneously which is a very big safety concern. Is there someway to distinguish a headset or similar Bluetooth device from the Bluetooth that is available in a vehicle? If so could you limit a vehicles permission rather than those of us who would like to enjoy the full podcast experience through our headset?

3 Replies

Hey @rboy3

Thanks for getting in touch about this. 

We moved your post from the Ideas board to the relevant Help Board, where it fits better.

You should be able to watch podcast videos while using Bluetooth devices such as speakers or headphones. 

If there's an issue with a video not playing, we'd recommend that you try logging out and then logging back in twice on your phone. We know this sounds odd, but it's how the app forces a cache refresh.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you try logging in to your account in a different phone to check if the same happens?

Let us know how it goes. 🙂

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

What fixed it for me:  When you install the app, Spotify will ask you to agree to allow nearby Bluetooth devices to control Spotify.  Do not allow this.  

Hi there @MattK5,

Thanks for sharing your workaround with the Community. This will be very helpful for other users experiencing this issue.

Do let us know if the issue comes back again.

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts